- Decided to give up on the battle with the weeds. I called a landscaper who came and told me that whoever had done our yard in the first place was an idiot (which I unfortunately agree with) and we needed to rip most of it up, put down a weed guard and then put it back together. So that's where all of my spare money (and then some) will be going in the next little while. Put when it's done it will save me tons of time and effort on yard maintenance.
- Bought a mini-van. Now we have room for the four of us plus baby and storage room. We planned on doing this later, but having our other car totaled made this a little more imperative.
- Created a game plan for paying off the student loans
- Took a well-needed mini-vacation :)
- Made Strawberry Vanilla Sauce
- Went to the local cannery where we put together a few cases of powdered milk and a few cases of various kinds of dry beans
- Went back to the cannery a couple weeks later and bought a couple cases of pancake/waffle mix (After trying it out my family has become big fans, especially when I top it with strawberry vanilla sauce)
- Bought 8 lbs of cheese on sale, my friend was telling me about a way to preserve it so it will last in your pantry for 25 years. (Expect a blog post to come on that one.)