Secrets of Mom Search Results

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Preparedness Wednesday: July in Review

For those of you just tuning in, every week I try to do something to get my house in order (fix things, get out of debt, etc) and purchase something to add to my emergency supply. If you want to follow my deals as I find them. I post them on my public facebook profile as I find them if you are interested.

Doing:
  • Had the yard done. It looks soooo much better. It makes me happy.
  • Bought a sun oven. Actually my husband bought this for my birthday. For all of the sun that we get here in St George, why not use it to cook my meals instead of heating up my kitchen? (I'm putting this with doing because it makes my home more energy efficient.) Expect a post about this in the future.
  • Replaced the air conditioning filter to help it run more efficiently
  • Got an estimate on air conditioning and heating installation for our basement so we can start finishing it.
  • Made curtains for the area under Thing 1's loft bed. Ok, actually I just bought the material and my mom made them when she came to visit for my birthday while I took a nap. Thanks Mom! This was very important to Thing 1.
Emergency Preparedness/Food Storage:
  • Made peach salsa & peach raspberry pancake sauce
  • Bought a few jars of Classico Pasta Sauce- $1.04 each after coupons at Smith's
  • Maggie Moo's Powdered Milk & Chocolate Milk- $11 each for a #10 can at Walmart (this is was their everyday price) I've had friends claim that their families can't taste the difference between this and fresh milk.
  • Wheat Gluten- I thought we would try this stuff out, but I didn't buy much because I've yet to find it at a good price. But we have been experimenting with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment