Secrets of Mom Search Results

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thai Chicken Spinach Wraps

Several weeks ago I signed up to receive a free cookbook for the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board and totally forgot about it until I got it in the mail a few days ago. I was flipping through it and it looks like it has some great recipes, all involving cheese. I tried this one this evening and it was so great that I had to share. I just checked the website and they are no longer mailing out the little cookbooks, but you can download it for free here. And as always I modify things depending on what I have available, here's tonight's hit.

Thai Chicken Spinach Wraps
1 c drained pineapple tidbits
1/3 c diced red onion
2 T fresh cilantro chopped
1/4 c slivered almonds
1/2 tsp ground ginger
4 deli slices of Havarti, diced
2 c cooked chicken (It recommended rotesserie, but I used leftover grilled because I needed to use it.)
rinsed spinach leaves
4 burrito size tortillas
Thai Lime sauce (see below)

1.Mix first seven ingredients. 2. Warm tortillas in microwave for 15 seconds. 3. Put about 1 1/2 T of sauce on each tortilla. Top with a layer of spinach leaves. Make a row of the chicken mixture down the middle. 3. Roll up wrap and serve with lime sauce for dipping.
Note: The recipe actually called for 4 oz of grated swiss cheese, but I prefer Havarti, so there you go.

Thai Lime Sauce
1/3 c plain yogurt
2 T warmed honey
2 T Miracle Whip
1 T fresh lime juice
1. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment