Secrets of Mom Search Results

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Preparedness Wednesday: January in Review

 So originally my plan was to every Wednesday blog about what I am doing to get my house in order and build my food storage. Then I decided that it's just not interesting enough to merit four blog posts per month. Maybe one blog post per month. So here's what I did in January:

Doing:
Food Storage/Emergency Preparedness Additions:
  • Emergency First Aid Supplies
  • Wheat and more wheat-Costco
  • Vegetable Oil- Costco
  • Enough salt to reach a year supply for my family- $4 at Walmart
  • Hormel Chili- 29 cents each with coupons-Smith's
  • Hunt's Diced Tomatoes- 16 cents each after coupon-Smith's

    3 comments:

    1. Good job Heather!! You are practicing what you are preaching!

      ReplyDelete
    2. You are on a roll!!
      Sometimes I get so frustrated because of no $ I don't even go to the store, but surely I could come up with 16 cents for tomatoes or 29 cents for Chili!! I just need to go after these bargains even when I have no budget for other things!

      ReplyDelete
    3. deerie- You can do it! No one ever said that you need to buy your food storage all at once. Just a little at a time. A few dollars a week and some coupons can go a long way. I use Grocery Smarts to help me find deals for stocking up.

      ReplyDelete