Secrets of Mom Search Results

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Preparedness Wednesday: May in Review

For those of you just tuning in, every week I try to do something to get my house in order (fix things, get out of debt, etc) and purchase something to add to my emergency supply. If you want to follow my deals as I find them. I post them on my public facebook profile as I find them if you are interested.

Doing:
  • Pulled and sprayed weeds like a crazy woman, paid the neighbor boys to pull more weeds and finally bought some industrial strength weed killer
  • Set up an appointment to visit the cannery next month
  • Read a book on canning and preserving
  • Hung up several pictures on my walls.
Emergency Storage:
  • Case of Skippy Peanut Butter- $1.55 per jar (another fabulous deal from Amazon Subscribe and Save)
  • Case of various staples from the local LDS Cannery- I just walked in and bought a case of whatever was already canned, and now they let you put it on a credit card. Sweet!
  • Planters peanuts- $1.49 per 16 oz jar @ Albertson's
  • #10 can of biscuit mix- $9 @ Walmart- that plus cream of chicken soup makes a complete meal
  • New wheat grinder- my husband recently surprised me with this, it comes with much higher reviews than the last one I bought. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have a preparedness goal each week. This would be good for us. Things keep coming up to foil our preparing plans and we need to stay on track. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that at the beginning of the week I make a goal. "I'm going to do x and buy z." My goal is just that every week I buy and do something. Sometimes they are little things "make an appointment" and "buy a few cans of chili that were on sale". Sometimes (like after tax return) we do bigger things. Just start where you are and go from there. Little steps are steps in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete