- I don't know if I will ever be desperate enough to drink powdered milk. I can
cook with it, but I won't drink it.
- When I washed out the chocolate milk jug and filled it with water and hot chocolate mix, my kids didn't even notice. That one can save me a lot of money the way my kids go through chocolate milk.
- I really can live off my food storage!
- I can get away with spending only $10-15 a week on groceries, without even clipping any coupons.
- I got to the point where making homemade bread wasn't that big of a deal. And I don't own a bread maker.
- I have more food in my pantry than I thought I did.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Pantry Challenge Review
In the past couple weeks this is what we have been eating: Navajo Tacos, Chicken Fajita Pasta, Beef Stew, Noodles and Company, Chili, Banana Oatmeal Bread, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Orange Buttermilk pancakes (made with powdered milk), Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Soup, Beef and Wheat Enchiladas and lots of leftovers. And eating food storage for lunch is easy because every day my kids want "Ramen doodles" or Mac & Cheese. I have to be very persuasive to get them to eat anything else. :S I've learned a few things from this challenge.