Secrets of Mom Search Results

Monday, March 1, 2010

Pantry Challenge Review

In the past couple weeks this is what we have been eating: Navajo Tacos, Chicken Fajita Pasta, Beef Stew, Noodles and Company, Chili, Banana Oatmeal Bread, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Orange Buttermilk pancakes (made with powdered milk), Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Soup, Beef and Wheat Enchiladas and lots of leftovers. And eating food storage for lunch is easy because every day my kids want "Ramen doodles" or Mac & Cheese. I have to be very persuasive to get them to eat anything else. :S I've learned a few things from this challenge.
  1. I don't know if I will ever be desperate enough to drink powdered milk. I can
    cook with it, but I won't drink it.
  2. When I washed out the chocolate milk jug and filled it with water and hot chocolate mix, my kids didn't even notice. That one can save me a lot of money the way my kids go through chocolate milk.
  3. I really can live off my food storage!
  4. I can get away with spending only $10-15 a week on groceries, without even clipping any coupons.
  5. I got to the point where making homemade bread wasn't that big of a deal. And I don't own a bread maker.
  6. I have more food in my pantry than I thought I did.
I do have to confess that I cheated. Saturday night my in-law's were in town and they had promised a few months ago that they would take my daughter to Pirate Island Pizza the next time they came. No food storage that night, but does it count if I didn't have to pay for it?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment