Secrets of Mom Search Results

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Recently I discovered a large bag of stale pretzels in my pantry. Not being one to waste food this is what I made with it and it was sooo yummy. I combined a recipe for a pie that I made in high school for a girl's choice dance (which pie came out of my date's nose when he started laughing uncontrollably, yeah haven't made it since) and one I found in The Essential Mormon Cookbook.

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert 
2/3 cup butter, melted
2 1/2 cups thin pretzel sticks
1 package (8 oz) neufchatel
1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup white sugar
2 cup water
1 large package of strawberry-flavored gelatin
3 cups of frozen strawberries or raspberries
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained

1. Crush pretzels and mix with butter into a crust in a 9x13 pan. 2. Bake for 10 minutes @ 400. 3. Remove and cool. 4. Combine neufchatel, whipped topping, lemon juice, vanilla and sugar. Spread over pretzel crust. Make sure that all parts of the crust are covered and there are no gaps between the edge of the pan and the whipped topping mixture.  5. Bring water to a boil. Dissolve gelatin in water and cool until syrupy. 6. Puree strawberries in the blender. 7. Mix strawberries and pineapple into gelatin. 8. Pour over top of whipped topping mixture. Refrigerate several hours until firm.
It doesn't plate fantastic, but I would have to say this is pretty darn amazing for something that I threw together using just what I had in my freezer and pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment