Secrets of Mom Search Results

Friday, November 5, 2010

Food Storage Friday: Recipe Roundup

This week I had a root canal, I'm planning my first non-family-only birthday party for my daughter and my food storage experiment of the week was a flop.  So here are some great recipes that use food storage that I have found to not be flops. Hopefully they will give you some ideas on things that you can do with yours. Many of these recipes use ingredients from multiple categories.

Wheat
Hippie Tacos- I love these. So. Much. I can't go back to tacos the "standard way".


Oats
Oatmeal Wheat Bread- My daughter calls this "Family Bread".
Pumpkin Spice Granola

Rice
Cafe Rio Style Cilantro-Lime Rice and Beans-I made these ahead of time (in my crockpot) and froze them to go with fajitas when my family comes to town next weekend.


Beans
Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
Sweet Potato Burritos- Warning this recipe makes A LOT. By the time we got through half of the batch we were pretty tired of it. I made them and froze them in two lasagna pans, and should have divided them into smaller portions.

Pasta
Noodles and Company

Potatoes
Cheesy Potato Bread

And here's your chance to link up any fantastic food storage recipes that you've found work for you and your family. Remember a recipe doesn't have to be complicated to use your food storage, in fact it's best if it isn't. Please leave a comment if you link up.

No comments:

Post a Comment