Secrets of Mom Search Results

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Self-Reliance

"Self-reliance means using all of our blessings Father to care for ourselves and our families and to find solutions for our own problems.' Each of us has a responsibility to try to avoid problems before they happen and to learn to overcome challenges when they occur. …
"How do we become self-reliant? We become self-reliant through obtaining sufficient knowledge, education, and literacy; by managing money and resources wisely, being spiritually strong, preparing for emergencies and eventualities; and by having physical health and social and emotional well-being."
Julie B. Beck
Today I came across this quote today and I thought 'Yes, this is exactly what I'm trying to do! I've heard the term "self-reliance" thrown around, but if this is what it's about, I'm on board.' If I can be organized and self-reliant, that give me more time and power to be Supermom, and hopefully have the time and resources to help others too. I sincerely hope that my postings here will help someone else too.

No comments:

Post a Comment