Secrets of Mom Search Results

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Book Review- Brown Bag Success

While working on a project that I will talk more about later, I came across a cookbook in my cupboard that I had never actually tried. It's called Brown Bag Success: Making Healthy Lunches Your Kids Won't Trade by Sandra K. Nissenberg, MS, RD & Barbara N. Pearl, MS, RD. It gives lots of tips for bringing variety into your children's lunches and getting them to eat healthy foods. In additions to ideas and suggestions about the lunch making process, they also offer dozens of recipes that are easy to prepare and pack. Looking through these recipes, I'm excited to try them, even if my kids aren't old enough to be taking lunches to school. I know they could make what I eat more interesting and healthy. As I try them I'll  talk about them in later posts.
Here are my favorite tips from the book:
  • Add color, texture and flavors. Kids like variety.
  • Get your kids involved.
  • Be creative! Make fun shapes with cookies cutters or drop in stickers or a note.
  • Pack your meals the night before to reduce morning stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment