Secrets of Mom Search Results

Friday, February 5, 2010

Where I shop for children's clothing

On a several occasions I have been asked where and how I get such good deals on children's clothing. Here's the breakdown:

Online: (More convenient and we all love packages, don't we?)
OldNavy & Gap- It seems that about every other month they have a sale where you can get 20-30% off. They generally have most of what I am looking for, and I can often find things for my husband and I there also. It's the best place to get pants if your kids are of the tall and skinny proportions. There are often great deals in the clearance section and everything that I have bought there so far has outlasted my kids. If you have a ON card, there are extra bonuses. You get 5% back of what you spend in reward bucks, plus there are double & triple points offers and often coupons for free stuff.  (Example, last December they mailed out coupons for $10 off any purchase. So I got $30 worth of merchandise for free.) They also give a Upromise rebate. The drawback of shopping online is that you often have to pay for shipping if you spend less than $100, however online you can stack your coupons plus you get the rebate, whereas you don't get that in the store. Another drawback is that there is less of the "exciting and different", but it's where I go for the basics. If you sign up for emails, they'll tell you about sales and send you coupons.

The Children's Place- They also have some great deals every few months, especially if you are buying out of season. Last fall I stocked up on shorts and t-shirts for my kids because with the coupons they came to 75 cents each. (I live in St. George, it's shorts weather 9-10 months out of the year.) They don't allow coupon stacking, but they do give a Upromise rebate. $5 flat shipping rate. Also of note: their shoes wear out super fast.

Kohl's- I've gotten a few darling outfits for my daughter here for $6 each. Upromise rebate and more rewards if you have a Kohl's card. (I can't tell you what they are, because I don't.) Limited coupon stacking.

In stores: (No shipping charge or minimum, yay!)
JC Penny- They often have super cute baby clothes at good prices.

Macy's- I've gotten a few super amazing deals in the kid's department if your timing is right. 4-piece outfits for $5, little dresses for $3.

Gap- The clearance section is where it's at, and it's always better than the clearance online. They often have great deals that aren't out of season yet. Last fall I got an adorable lined boy's pea coat for $17 plus I snagged a black angora cableknit sweater for me for $10.

Old Navy- I actually don't shop there that often. Online prices are always better, but there is the occasional sale....

Costco- Best place for kid's pajamas and little girl's Christmas and Easter dresses. The Carter's fleece footie jammies are about $7. Although, here you run a great chance of having her wear the same dress that the neighbor girl is wearing.

Ross- Not always the best selection for kids clothing in the size you need and less reliability, but I've found my best shoe finds here.  Skecher's for $15

No comments:

Post a Comment