Secrets of Mom Search Results

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Preparedness Wednesday: April in Review

For those of you just tuning in, every week I try to do something to get my house in order (fix things, get out of debt, etc) and purchase something to add to my emergency supply. If you want to follow my deals as I find them. I post them on my public facebook profile as I find them if you are interested.

Doing:
  • Taxes
  • Bought a push lawn mower, not only is it powered by exercise instead of gas (which saves us money with rising gas prices), it doesn't send a fine spray of cut grass into the air, which always makes my husband's allergies go berserk. It's definitely the best lawn mower for us.
  • Bought materials to build a few more shelves in our home
  • Worked some extra hours

Emergency Storage:
  • Case lot sale at Smith's- Ramen 10 cents per package & canned corn at 47 cents per can.
  • More canned tomatoes from Lin's Case Lot Sale- 48 cents each
  • #10 Can of powdered orange drink mix- $10 Walmart
  • Idahoan Mashed Potatoes- 19 cents per package at Albertson's
  • A case of Charmin- $22 (Thank you Amazon Subscribe and Save)

No comments:

Post a Comment