Secrets of Mom Search Results

Monday, May 2, 2011

Family Fun in Las Vegas Part 3: Mandalay Bay Shark Reef Aquarium

 I love aquariums. I find them fascinating and relaxing. So of course we had to stop at the one in Las Vegas. The Shark Reef Aquarium is located inside the Mandalay Bay Hotel. The hours are 10:00AM - 8:00PM Sunday through Thursday and 10:00AM - 10:00PM Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $18 for adults and $12 for children over 4. (4 and under are free, and prices are reduced for Nevada residents.) I tried to find some current coupons or codes to this place without success. (If I find any I will let you know.) When we were there a few months ago there was a deal where you get tickets for 3 Vegas attractions at a discount, but we didn't have the time to see more than this.
The aquarium has some great tunnels that when you can see the sea life to both sides and above you.
My kids enjoyed touching the rays. (And no Thing 2 is not falling in, Grandpa was trying to hold him out closer so he can reach.)
My kids favorite part were the windows in the floor so they could see the sharks swim underneath them.
If you can, sure to stop by around 3pm, because that's when they fish are fed.
 My favorite part was the jellyfish. Jellyfish are pretty weird. 
 They also have a golden crocodile there, which I had never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment